Study programmes designed for international students
- The programmes are conducted in English.
- Also other study programmes, courses or visit packages are possible to participate.
- Participation can be arranged through English language or with the help of an interpreter.
- Learn more from our page visitor programmes.
Here are examples of programmes for international students in the field of teacher education:
- The degree programme in music covers two musical genres: pop/jazz music and folk music.
- The courses for exchange students can include, for example, main instrument/secondary instrument studies, ensemble/orchestra, music theory, music history and music technology.
- A degree Programme by Karelia university of applied sciences
- Read more from the webpage of Karelia UAS
The department of teacher education
University of Eastern Finland, The School of Applied Educational Science and Teacher Education
Master’s Degree Study Programme:
1. Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication
- 120 ECTS
- The two-year International Master’s Degree Programme in Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication
- The program prepares students to teach foreign languages to children and emphasises early-age intercultural communication competence
Non-degree Study Programmes:
2. International Study Programme in Education
- 25-26 ECTS
- Students get an overview of the Finnish Educational Systems, Organisations and school life.
- Professional intercultural competence is also developed in the modern learning premises and resources of the teacher training school.
- The programme offers students an excellent opportunity to get to know the latest teaching technology, learning environments and teaching methods.
3. Teaching Foreign Languages to Young Learners
- 25 ECTS
- This minor is directed primarily to teacher training students and to international master’s degree students in early language education.
- Nevertheless, the programme can also be completed, entirely or partly, by exchange or visiting students, provided that the quota of 14 available places will not be reached.
4. Professional Intercultural Competence
- 25 ECTS
- This series of courses aim at enhancing students’ knowledge and skills on intercultural competence in working life and other professional settings.
- Internationalisation and globalisation bring along increased demand for a special set of professional skills.
- In addition to a command of foreign languages, working communities acutely need expertise understood as the ability to perceive national, linguistic, political, ethnic and religious diversity as they manifest themselves in society and working life.
Read more about the study programmes from the webpage of University of Eastern Finland.
Finland University offers Master’s degree programmes of its member universities for international students in the field of education. Learn more from the webpage of Finland University.