The best ways to guarantee society’s economic wellbeing in the future:
inspire pupils’ entrepreneurial spirit and develop the skills needed
- Entrepreneurial education works best in co-operation with companies and businesses.
- A learner gets an experience from future working life.
- National curriculum (2014) encourages for using the environments outside the classroom, such as visiting businesses.
The target of entrepreneurial education is to guide and encourage pupils to:
- learn to identify their own natural and personal strength
- try new ways of learning
- develop and strengthen their interaction skills
- develop their self-directedness and creativity
- learn about risk taking and responsibility
- co-operate and learn from others
Let’s learn together!
The entrepreneurial path in Joensuu
The target is to support pupil’s entrepreneurial growth extensively
- Each school and institution has activities that guide students path towards entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial education is provided starting at an early age
Entrepreneurship education at different stages:
Support for entrepreneurs
Let’s create successful business together
Business Joensuu Ltd
Activating new innovations
- Business Joensuu Ltd. offers high-quality business development services to support company growth in an innovative and developing environment
- The activities are based on networking of companies, and experts in research organizations
- The premises are situated near the city center of Joensuu
- The expert services of the Business Joensuu Ltd. can provide you with the correct tools to develop and boost your business
- Read more about Business Joensuu Ltd.
- Business incubator helps you implement your business idea
- The experts of Business incubator guides your company through the challenging early years onto a path of growth
- Business incubator helps also with your challenges involving internationalisation and development of your company
- The incubator co-operates closely with the University of Eastern Finland and Karelia University of Applied Sciences
- Read more about Business incubator
“Your business idea will be turned into a diamond at the Business Incubator!”
Start me up
- Business Joensuu Ltd. annually arranges the biggest business idea competition in Finland, called Start Me Up
- Start Me Up business idea competition has grown into a national phenomenon
- Being held for the 16th time in 2018, the competition attracted hundreds of business ideas from all around Finland
- The goal of this competition is to find and reward individuals and companies whose business idea has the potential to generate business in North Karelia
- The competition has proven to be an exceptionally effective tool
- Read more about Start me up