Karelia University of Applied Sciences
Developing trained skilled professionals
Karelia University of Applied Sciences is offering education leading to bachelor and master degrees. Karelia is a multidisciplinary, widely connected, international and innovative organisation.
- Karelia is a significant and well recognised actor in education and plays a key role in regional development and in research, development and innovation activities (RDI).
- All students work closely with local companies and with other educational institutions on exciting research and development projects.
- Karelia operates actively in various national and international networks. International partner networks include many Asian, African, European, and North as well as South American countries.
- China is one of the most prestigious partner countries where the education co-operation is actively and systematically developed in collaboration with the partners.
You are warmly welcome to visit us and learn about our high educational competence. Please, use the contact form below.
Highlights in the Karelia UAS expertise areas
Karelia UAS offers an endless range of interesting studying opportunities, and services for global experts. You are invited to familiarise yourself with the wide selection of Karelia UAS through their own webpage. The network of Global Education Park Finland introduces Karelia UAS’s services especially on the particularly high-quality fields:
- Social & health care education competence
- In-depth knowledge about the field of forest bioeconomy and wood construction education & R&D activities
- The high standard of pedagogical services and multiple learning environments
Examples of interesting learning environments
Support the development of the future’s professionals
Sirkkala Energy Park
- The Sirkkala Energy Park is a bioeconomy development and learning environment.
- It demonstrates the possibilities for building properties to generate renewable heating and electricity self-sufficiently.
- The Energy Park serves as a testing and development facility for new renewable energy technologies and applications.
- The pelletisation of various biomasses and the quality of biofuels can be tested at the Energy Park’s facilities.
- The plant’s operations can be analysed in real time and all of the heating and electricity it produces is used by the Energy Park.
- Pelletising tests are used to create business models for manufacturing the small size of the pellets, by raw material, for use by customers.
- In order to determine the quality of pellets, studies can be done using the equipment of the Karelia UAS and, if necessary, in the laboratories of the UEF or other research facilities.
Simula – simulation exercise service environment
- Simula is a learning and service environment, located on the Karelia UAS Tikkarinne Campus.
- It provides a safe, confidential and community-oriented environment for exercises in a variety of learning situations.
- Simulation pedagogy is used in the simulation exercises, which are performed in conditions simulating the real world.
- Simulations can be used to learn non-technical skills, such as interaction, teamwork, leadership, decision-making and situational awareness.
- Simulation scene of an incident might be a home, hospital bed ward or an outpatient clinic.
Learn more about interesting learning environments